SPEZVUZAUTOMATIKA designs, builds and implements Data Centers (DC), including :
- Server and network equipment, data storage systems
- Structured cabling system that provides data transfer between data centers and users
- Power supply system consisting of power cable systems, uninterruptible power supplies and diesel generators
- Ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Security systems (video surveillance, access control and management, fire and burglar alarms)
Complex construction of Data Centers and the use of fault-tolerant systems increase the efficiency of server and network equipment, data storage systems, and also save significant funds on operation.
Each organization, as well as society as a whole, in the course of its activities receives and processes large amounts of information, while on the basis of the information received, new amounts of information are also created. The need arises for systems that will store, process and issue this information on demand. The volume of stored information is growing rapidly and its value becomes vital for the enterprise.
Data Centers allow centralizing capacities for storing and processing information, increasing security, reliability, speed of access to information and the speed of its processing.
The main criteria for creating these systems, in terms of processing and storing information, are: :
- Data Centers functionality – the ability to centrally provide a given set of IT services for receiving, processing, storing and providing information to users.
- Data Center Resource Availability – Ensuring that the required Data Center computing resources are provided at the right time.
- Reliability and security of data in a DC –ensuring the reliability and integrity of data, which is an important task for most information systems.
- Data Center performance and scalability – the ability to increase data volumes and increase computing power for reliable system operation in conditions of growing load, due to the increase in the volume and complexity of the processed tasks.
- Controllability and completeness of resource utilization – to solve this problem, technical means of load control and organizational measures are used to ensure the maximum load of computing resources.
- Total cost of ownership –it is a methodology designed to determine the costs of information systems, calculated at all stages of the system life cycle. The total cost of owning a data center is one and a half to two times lower compared to decentralized data processing systems.
When you create a DC in addition to the selection of server systems, active equipment and cabling system much important to create an environment in which the equipment will operate. The complex of subsystems that ensure the comfortable operation of all DC computing equipment with minimal downtime includes the following systems:
- Power supply system – the main requirements for this system are to ensure the uninterrupted operation of all systems and subsystems associated with the processing, storage and input-output of information.
- Climate control system – the task of this system is to precisely maintain the temperature and humidity level in the DC room. At the moment, this task is becoming more and more difficult, since the computing power per unit area of the DC is increasing, for example, heat dissipation per cabinet in some solutions already reaches 30 kW.
- Fire extinguishing system – when solving this problem, there are several approaches, but all of them are aimed at localizing and eliminating it in the event of a fire, turning off the minimum necessary equipment and thereby ensuring the operation of the DC with the maximum possible power.
- Monitoring system – the main purpose of this system is to collect information about the operation of DC equipment, as well as video surveillance of the Data Center premises. Based on the data received, changes are made to the operation of equipment and systems, thereby achieving more efficient operation of the Data Center.
Increasing the reliability of these systems, depending on the level of the DC, is carried out by means of redundancy of critical areas or full redundancy of systems.